Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday News

I have been following this superintendent story out of Middletown. This is another good story about what is wrong with this state.
From what I can gather this Witmer guy tried to get a bunch of days he was not entitled too carried over. The administrative law Judge found that to be the case but said since it is unlikely he would have succeed you can not fire him. By the way people have been convicted of criminal offenses for similar things.

So let me get this straight a school superintendent can not be fired for attempted theft. Am I missing something here?

And then you have the morons who are commenting in the article that "I can not believe that the school spent so much money suing to have the guy fired. Couldn't they just work it out internally?" Obviously they have no concept of how the system works.

If this had been private industry this guy would have been shown the door with no problem.

School administrators should be employees at will just like you and me.

Maybe one day I will write a piece on my other radical ideas to reform education.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home