Thursday, June 14, 2007

GETTING SMARTER

I want to take a quick moment to comment on the letter Freeholder Little sent out on June 6th. (I would post it here but with my technical skills it would take more time then I have available today)
In any event it is about healing and reconciliation.

To quote in part
"It is unfortunate that divisions have occurred among Republicans in Monmouth County over the years. these divisions began long before I was appointed and elected to my position... The unfortunate truth is that these divisions have been carried forward into the present without resolution, plaguing newcomers who were not party to the original dispute.
I offer the following suggestions toward healing these differences. Think not of Justice to any one individual, but to our common purpose to serve the greater good. What has happened in the past cannot be changed, but what happens in the future is completely up to us. Let's not carry mistakes of the past forward. Let's rather make today what it should be, and tomorrow even better."

That is an excellent letter worthy of careful consideration.

Ms Little has championed an excellent reform agenda. Unfortunately she made some political mistakes. Admittedly she was in dangerous waters and it was not hard to make a wrong move and hit the rocks. However this letter shows that she is learning.

I applaud her and I am sure we have not heard the last of Anna Little in Monmouth County.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home