Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Today's News

Two items of interest in today's Press.

First the editorial suggesting that the second round of interviews for County administrator take place in public. I know we are loathe to do anything the APP suggests but this is actually a good idea and good public relations. Just because it can be done in executive session does not mean it has to be done there.

The second thing is an article about development on Route 33 in Howell. Joe Dibella states that it is inappropriate for retail development. I drive that section of road nearly every day (more then once a day actually) and he is absolutely correct. More of this type of thinking is needed by our elected officials with regard to development

4 Comments:

Blogger Uncle Sam said...

I am Uncle Sam and I'd like to introduce my new blog. It's called Wireside Chats and I think you'll like it.
Now, view all of Adam's writings in one place.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Jackie Corley said...

I would tend to disagree with you. I'd rather see retail development along a highway than three-story condos or McMansions.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Teddy Roosevelt said...

I believe (if I recall correctly) he envisioned a corporate park type development

11:41 AM  
Blogger Jackie Corley said...

gotcha. that's sensible. rt. 33 would be excellent for a corporate park. (wall has a lot of corporate parks along their highways and they're all the wiser and more fiscally stable for it.)

i just shuddered to think western monmouth would be in for some of middletown's spot-zoning housing hell on the highway.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home