Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Let's have a go at it.

All right. At the urging of two men I have come to admire, Abe Lincoln and the late William Seward (now Art Gallagher) I have managed to marshall my meager technical skills and create a Blog.
I can not promise to be prolific but on occasion when the muse strikes me I will endeavor to say something intelligent. Additionally at times I may be required to take extended leaves of absence from blogging.
I have decided, now that I am not just a poster of comments on blogs, I will try to avoid personal attacks and stick to issues. With regard to some individuals I have in the past been harsh in my expression of my opinions. I have reflected on that and feel it is not a productive course of action. Of course where the personal attributes of someone seeking or holding elective office is the issue that will be fair game.
I would ask that those who post try to refrain from some of the more vulgar attacks that have sometimes cropped up in the blogosphere. Of course humor and satire are always appreciated where appropriate.
Finally this is my blog. While I am generally tolerant of dissenting opinions I reserve the right to engage in censorship. If I do not like your comment and do not post it you of course are free to start your own blog.
Perhaps soon I will post something of substance.
TR

3 Comments:

Blogger Art Gallagher said...

Welcome TR!

I heard there was a vacancy for the position of intelligent anonymous blogger. I glad you stepped up to fill the position.

If you go back to the archives on MMM, you will see that my early blogging was a mess until I learned the software. I'm still learning, but if I can help you, just asked.

Best to Ms Feinbottom.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Teddy Roosevelt said...

Thank you Sir for your kind words.

6:42 PM  
Blogger beachwalker said...

Teddy, you have my vote!
Just relax and give it time, it will get easier. Your wit is already intact, that is the important part!

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home