Tuesday, January 01, 2008

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS FOR POLITICIANS.

I know how busy this time of year is so I thought I would help out all you politicians with some New Years Resolutions. To save you all that thinking.

1. I will not lie.
2. I will be clear and up front about my positions on issues.
3. I will not try to play both sides of an issue.
4. Once I formulate a position I will only change it out of conviction not out of fear of losing votes.
5. I will be more concerned about doing what I think is right rather then getting re-elected.
6. I will not use the power or influence that accrues to me for personal gain.
7. I will not waste my time on silly resolutions and feel good legislation.
8. I will not vote for legislation that makes it look like a problem is being addressed when it really is not.
9. I will not think that more government is the same as good government.
10. I will be a tightwad with the taxpayer’s money.

And the bonus resolution.

11. I will not listen to my ego when it tells me how important I am.

Happy New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home