Wednesday, November 21, 2007

THE EDITOR HAS HIS HEAD IN A VERY DARK PLACE.

I am almost starting to feel sorry for the Freeholders. They place the job of recommending an Architect for a specialized job in the hands of professionals within the county government to remove any political taint and the Asbury Park Press finds a way to slam them anyway.

I will admit if I had been in their shoes I would have wanted to know that the firm recommended was the high bidder and an explanation as to why they where preferable to a lower bidder. However the press slammed them awfully hard considering that they apparently are trying to do the right thing. What really got me was the demand that the Freeholders be told how much in political contributions each bidder made. WAIT A MINUTE. I thought we wanted to remove that from consideration. Isn't it better if they do not know that information. Is the press suggesting that those who donated to a political campaign within the rules be penalized? That seems wrong.
The editor needs some sunshine. Come on out of that dark place. PLEEEEASE.

1 Comments:

Blogger William A. Newell said...

I think the editor needs a shower, too.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home