Thursday, November 01, 2007

THOUGHTS FOR TODAY

So is it just me or does anyone else think Bob McKennas reasons for the Republicans in Wall not debating was lame. My attitude has always been debate anytime anywhere anyone. Then again I also enjoy pugilistic endeavors (i.e. fist fights).

The APP refusal to endorse Kim Guadagno for Sheriff is nuts. She is the most qualified candidate to ever run for that office. Question would the APP have taken that route no matter what or does the blame get layed at the feet of whoever thought up the poorly thought out and badly executed negative campaign launched against her opponent?

Speaking of negative will the Karcher attack adds help her or backfire? I guess we will find out on election day. Anyone see any polling data on that race?

Also to0 bad Claire French did not get the APP endorsement. Claire made a mistake not standing up to the old guard but that one mistake should not wipe out all the hard work she has done.
She is an outstanding county clerk and has done a fantastic job upgrading the clerks office technology wise.

Let hope the APP does not carry much wieght.

How about those Larry Inzerillo signs out by Brookdale that have a paper attached to them that say "lower tuition". What a hoot. Actually I have seen a number of individualized signs. Candidates on signs with other people running and with there own signs too. All different colors. orange, yellow bright green. I saw one that said Vote Green, Clifton and Cantor.
Differentiate and target specific markets sounds pretty smart. T he only question I have is will we get sign overload and block them all out?

Ahhh the last few tense days before the election. On the day after will I be praising the powers that be or monday morning quarterbacking and doing the BULLMOOSE SLAM.

2 Comments:

Blogger Art Gallagher said...

What was Bob's excuse?

He's in a tough spot. A low turnout in Wall probably keeps his team in control, but that same low turn out hurts Claire in particular, as well as Kim, Rob and Jeff.

The R's seem to be making no effort in the Northern part of the 11th, if the same is true in Wall and other parts south, I think there will be a low turnout throughout the district, which is not good for the county candidates.

I think the negative campaigning backfires on both Kim and Karcher.

Lenny's signs are a hoot. He's trying to do whatever he can without any money. In the Bayshore he has stickers on his signs that say "CONTROL FLOODING." Codey doesn't want him, but Camden and Middlesex Dems are telling him he has a chance and courting him. He's a great guy playing the wrong game.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Teddy Roosevelt said...

Bob's His excuse was too busy not enoughtime was given us to plan. like I said lame. It will be interesting to see if Democrats a nd dissafected republicans combined are enough to defeat the regular republicans. Honestly I have never been a big fan of Mckennas. Ipersonally do not care for his style or attitude and I can understand why there are disaffected republicans in Wall.
I wish them good luck.

On the negative campaign issue I think you are right. What is interesting is Becks negative campaign is working. I was way off base about the farm issue. That really seems to be gaining traction and I do not understand it.
Who in there right mind wouldn't take advantage of that legal tax break. I know I sure would!
Like I said I can think of better reasons not to vote for a Democrat.
Anyway it is interesting how some negative campaigns work and some don't

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home