Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Congratulations Mr. Curley


I have been thinking about what Mr. Curley's win means. I think it says a lot about the mood of the rank and file. They clearly wanted a firebrand. Someone who wants to change the way business is done and is not beholden to political bosses. Although he was not my choice for philosophical reasons I do think he will be a very effective candidate.

Questions; will the Republican leaders take the hint or if he gets elected and starts bucking them will they start treating him like another Anna Little? Will the Freeholders get the message and radically change the way business is done. (admittedly they have improved but they still are making tone deaf decisions). Will the Republican Freeholders learn to work together or will they continue to have there little power struggles. let us hope the answers are No, Yes and choice #1.


BTW this is not meant to suggest I think Serena DiMasso is beholden to political bosses. Although some may have had that impression I do not believe that to be true. She does however have a different approach and temperament. I think she would also have been a good choice and I hope she tries again down the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home