Thursday, October 04, 2007

Ramblings on the Corruption Review

The Asbury Park press has been running some interesting articles the last few days that have
been pretty interesting. It has actually changed my mind about something. I once said in a post that pay to play was a bigger problem at the local level and not really an issue at the state level.

Boy was I wro wron wrog ... oh hell I can not even write that word. Let's say I was off base ;)

It also appears that the reforms that have been passed may be having the desired effect. Fundraising ability seems to be diminishing.

The most interesting statement came from Codey who said the best way to get rid of corrupt politicians is to vote them out. Good point. It has always amazed me how some politicians can get re-elected again and again even when there are questions about there ethics. Of course that is not always the case as a few Monmouth County former legislators can attest. But even absent evidence of corruption we refuse to use the ballot box to enforce term limits. Should one person hold an office for 10 or 20 years?

I think one thing Codey is trying to say is ; We have met the enemy and he is us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Art Gallagher said...

I thought I was wro wrong once, but I was mistaken. ;-)

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home